Sunday, June 1, 2008

Weekly Weigh In: Have I Hit A Plateau?


I gained this week. But not only did I just gain, but I gained the same freakin' weight that I lost LAST WEEK, which I had gained the week before, and lost the previous week. I started thinking that all of May had been gain one week, lose that weight the next. Seriously! Look at those last four or five dots on the graph above. I'm getting really frustrated, but at the same time I have to admit that I haven't been on target with my eating 100%. This month has been a hard month for me, with it being the end of the semester, which means the end of my schedule. I'm such a creature of habit that it threw me off. That, along with living in a ghost town since all our undergrads went home for the summer makes me feel odd. This week I dealt with the anniversary of a personal loss, and that made me feel even funkier. So, in turning a new page on my calendar this morning, I've decided to turn a new leaf with my eating. I think I might go back to journaling, which did help me at the beginning of my weight loss. I just need to get back on track. It's driving me crazy! Anyway... any tips that y'all could give me on getting off this plateau would be appreciated!!!
However, for a non-scale victory, I took my measurements this morning, and I had an overall loss of 3.75 inches this month! I lost 2.25 inches from my chest, a half inch from my hips and 1 inch from my thighs. I know, if it was anyone else, they'd be really upset over losing inches off their chest, but not me. At my heaviest I was a 44DD and I was so uncomfortable. And, what I hated the most was the layer of fat that I had on my decollatage. It was seriously like I was preparing for the winter. That was one of the first things I noticed I had lost when I started watching my diet and exercising. Back in February I bought a bra that was 40C, and quite honestly, I'm already on the tightest hook and eye on that bra, which makes me think that my next set of bra will be in the 38 range!! I'm so excited about that.


On another note, my new mattress came yesterday. They called me at 7AM to tell me that they would be delivering my mattress between 10 and noon. Well, at 9:59 there was a knock on my door, and by 10:30, they were finished. It was great. I can't believe what a great night's rest I had on my new mattress. It's a queen size mattress versus my twin daybed that I just got rid of (beggars can't be choosers when it comes to hand me down mattresses when they move on a whim) and I swear, I took up every inch of the mattress at some point during the night. It was fabulous. And speaking of fabulous... if you are a Sex and the City fan and haven't seen the movie yet... GO!!!!!! I went on Friday night and loved it.
Hope y'all are enjoying your weekend! We had some nasty storms come through here yesterday, but today seems like it is going to be a lovely day.

5 comments:

Irish Mom said...

Awesome job on inches lost!! Thats awesome, 44dd to a 40?!?! Wow, your back must feel amazing not having to hold all that up anymore!! Though I am a little jealous, my weight can go up and down, but my boobs always stay the same lol.

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Inches lost are a great accomplishment, too!

I don't think you need any tips, really. It looks like you're doing the right thing in going back to what worked better for you in the past. You'll figure it out; the main thing is to keep on trying!

Anonymous said...

I notice that you are doing the C25K. This change in exercise could be causing the plateau. My plateau just broke but I was stalled completely for the first month and a bit of C25K. It takes time for your muscles to adjust to the new level of hydration and glycogen needed for the running you are doing and both of these weigh a lot. The inches you are losing are the key thing to focus on even though plateaus are ridiculously hard to go through. If you stick with it you WILL lose! Journaling is probably a good idea though, it helped me simply because I stopped playing mental games thinking I had eaten too much when I really probably hadn't when I journaled I had more faith that I was on the right track and just needed to wait it out. Good luck and hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Don't be so hard on yourself! The fact you are losing inches doesn't mean you have hit a plateau; it means you are redistributing your weight in a positive way. Muscle does weigh more than fat. Give your muscle some time to start burning away the fat and you will be out of the woods in no time again. You are doing fabulous!!!

Lauren

Lynn said...

I'm a pretty big fan of losing mass on 'the girls' too. I was a 44DD or 44DDD depending on the shape of the bra, as well.

My most recent bras? 38C! WOOOT!