Friday, June 20, 2008

Weekly Weigh In: Eh

I lost 0.4 pounds this week. Earlier in the week, my weight loss was lower, but I was wondering when that friendly little monthly bloat was going to kick in. Seriously, at this point, whatever. I've been running full throttle since Monday, and even though I've stuck as closely as I could to my plan, diet AND exercise wise, stress makes me do things. Stress makes me eat. I full admit to a late night chomp down around midnight last night. I finished the first draft of my paper for Spain and I don't know if I turned to food as a stress release or as a little congratulatory gesture, but I did, and I shouldn't have. What I should have done was crawl into bed, and because of my eating, I didn't get to bed until 1AM, which is the latest I've gone to bed on a weeknight in a long while.

I call a week like this one of my "lawyer" weeks. I had considered becoming a lawyer ($$) but I couldn't justify working 80 or 90 hour weeks. This week, I've easy worked 10 or 11 hour days. It really does suck, and I know that I made the right decision by going into academics. Seriously, I have about six or seven weeks a semester where it gets this bad, and then the rest of the time, it's a regular 40-50 hour work week. What's nice is that I'm going to a colleague's house for dinner tonight (these are fun people, so it won't be stuffy at all). Plans for tomorrow: Sleep as late as I possibly can :) Then I get to stress over potential revisions when I get my paper back from those that volunteered to read it. Yay. I think I'll at least have one day to myself before the stress returns.

4 comments:

RooBabs said...

Congrats on the loss. For having such a busy, stressful week- plus bloat- that's a definite accomplishment. Good luck with revising your paper. Spain won't know what hit them. = )

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

It's never easy to lose weight, but when you've got a lot of stressful--er, stuff going on, it's even more difficult. Good for you for keeping the carnage down to one event. :)

ptg said...

Sleep in for the rest of us as well!!

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Hang in there, you are doing great! That's a long work day with that many hours.
Path to Health