Tuesday, June 24, 2008

HYC Tuesday Update: Van Halen Edition

According to the scale, I'm moving downward again. Woot! I'm very excited about this. It's been really hard to stay on track with my eating and exercise since I've been so busy at work.

So, Van Halen... I finished reading Valerie Bertinelli's autobiography "Losing It" last night. What an amazing story. This was a woman who when the scales went over 115 pounds, she thought she was fat. What was really interesting was the reaction to her as she climbed the scales into the 160s and 170s. She is a strong woman (although, in reading the story, I'm amazed she stayed with Eddie Van Halen for 20 years!) and I'm glad that she put her story out there. It was very informational and in the last 20 pages, informative about Jenny Craig. Jenny isn't all that different from how I eat in my every day life... watching my calorie intake instead of eating food that has been planned out for me.

And... all I wanted while reading this book was to listen to some Van Halen. So, I loaded a bunch of Van Halen songs on my Ipod Shuffle and went to the gym last night. Sammy and Diamond Dave helped me punch out a 25 minute run last night. The last seven minutes were so tough, and I listened to two of my favorite VH songs "Panama" (Great tempo for running) and "Hot for Teacher". I'm a professor, so that is one of my feel good songs about myself. I know, how mysogynist, when I claim to be a feminist, but would that song be any less degrading if the Pussycat Dolls sang it? I don't care, I love it. And it got me through my 25 minute run, and I was very happy with that!

7 comments:

Lynn said...

Good show!

I love your new picture, by the way. HUGE difference (pun intended!)

Anonymous said...

Kudos on moving downward! Love the new pix, you're looking good!

ptg said...

Love the new photos as well!

Panama definitely has a great beat to listen to. I can see how it would be a motivator to run to!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Yaay for a cooperative scale!

Thanks for the book rec. I've always liked Valerie Bertinelli, so I may have to check this one out!

Have a great week!

Manuela said...

Just saw the pics and love the changes in you. How amazing when we see before and afters of ourselves!

Glad you're still a loser, btw :)

Anonymous said...

I do the same thing...gotta have music that will really get you going!

Anonymous said...

I am glad the scale is showing you some love.

And great new picture!

Keep on going!