Friday, June 6, 2008

The Rain in Spain Falls Mainly on the Plains

I'm going to Spain!!! Well, at least I'm about 95% sure, and it's for work which means that I won't get to travel around or anything fun like that, but still. It's Spain, all expenses included, and what is even cooler is that it's in the Basque Country. It's historically known as a separatist area (if you're familiar with the 1970s and the bombings that happened in Spain, it's from the terrorists that come out of these places), but I googled some pictures of the town that I will be staying at and it is GORGEOUS. I am a bit nervous though, because part of this whole thing-- yes, there is a catch-- is that I have to present at an international conference. I looked at the program, and it's me, the American, and a bunch of European scholars. I need to start a new mantra... I am the expert, I am the expert, I am the expert... or I'm going to have a nervous breakdown before this trip in three weeks.

I'm still sick. This is three days without the gym, although I might go this afternoon for a while. It completely depends on how I feel by the end of the day. Lucky for me that my friend J suggested I check out some Musinex. Sudafed really doesn't do much for me, but there is something else in Musinex that let me sleep like a baby last night. And I'm counting down the next five minutes before I can take my next dose. The thing I hate about buying cold medicine (I don't know if my international readers have to deal with this or not) is all the paperwork you need to fill out. Can't we just sign an affidavit saying we're not going to make meth with this? That we really DO have a cold and have a need for this medicine?? I can't believe our society has been reduced to this.

So... another question for y'all out in blogland: Do you prefer to work out in the morning, after work, or at night? I'm going back and forth between waking up early to go work (I wake up at 6 when I head to the gym) or just going there after work. The problem with waking up early is that I noticed that I really don't go to bed any earlier than on days that I don't get up at 6 to go to the gym. That leaves me wondering, when do YOU work out?

Weigh in is tomorrow... keep your fingers crossed for a good loss!!

6 comments:

Take One Stripper Pole said...

Hi ... I stumbled over here from the garden party. :) As for when I like to work out ... I find I run into the same problem as you do ... if I get up to workout in the morning, I do not make the change and go to bed earlier. So right now the workouts seem to be late afternoon or evening. Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow.

Sam said...

If I didn't find my bed so warm and comforting then I would be exercising first thing in the morning!!! As it is I don't seem to be able to find time at the moment!!

Unknown said...

I work out at night (after work) on week days and focus on weight training twice a week and early Saturday morning I get up for a nice run.

I prefer doing my cardio in the morning because it gets pretty hot where I live during the day and I'll end up not going if I say I'll run in the evening.

But I also think that whenever I can fit exercise in I should. GL getting back into the swing of things.

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

I don't work outside the home, so I don't have to get up at the crack of dawn to work out in the morning. That's my preferred time, but my husband and I have been taking evening walks.
Path to Health

RooBabs said...

I am a morning person, but actually prefer to exercise after work. I get up at 5 a.m. to get ready, because I'm more productive in the morning and I like to get work done with as early as possible. Plus, I can chug water all day long and be well-hydrated for a workout in the afternoon. But on Saturday mornings, I do get up and go running while my hubby's still sound asleep.

BTW, I finally set up my blog, although I'm still tinkering with it. Check it out if you get a chance. ~Shanna :)

Hepburn Hilton said...

Hi! I am going to Spain to. Leave in two days. Let's hope the rain stops!!