Monday, June 2, 2008

Conquering a 25 Minute C25K Run

I did it! I did it! Yesterday, I decided to go to the gym after mass instead of beforehand to complete my C25K run. My gym doesn't open until 8 on Sundays, and mass is at 10, so I'm cutting it a bit close with showering, etc. Plus, I did this on Saturday, since I was waiting for my mattress and then meeting my friend J for an early lunch. I loved it. I think I spent close to two hours at the gym on both Saturday and Sunday. But Sunday... I was looking at my first 25 minute run. It was daunting and intimidating, especially after my bad weigh in on Saturday. But I said, what the heck, climbed on the treadmill and started running. It really wasn't all that bad. I had the time counting down (better mental visual). I really didn't start to feel tired until there was about 8 minutes left. But I pushed through it and finished my first 25 minute run with no walking. I was sweating like a fool to the point where my racerback top had a ring of sweat around my neck, but at the same time I DID IT. What was even cooler was that there were a few other women running on the treadmills when I was there, and I got some thumbs up nods from them when I got off the treadmill. How nice!!! I'm really starting to feel like a runner now.

I got this email from Hungry Girl this morning:
Okay, do NOT freak out, people, but we have gotten official word that the world-famous Fiber One Chewy Bars are being shipped to supermarkets (starting this week!) in two NEW flavors -- Oats & Apple Streusel (130 calories, 2g fat, 9g fiber -- POINTS® value 2*), and Oats & Strawberries with Almonds (140 calories, 3g fat, 9g fiber -- POINTS® value 2*)! We've tasted these new bars, and they are REALLY amazing (especially the apple ones!). So keep an eye out for 'em -- it may take a good month or so for them to get to all your stores, but be patient.

OMG, I am going to freak. Fiber One bars are my staple quick on the go snack. If the Apple Streussel bars taste anything like that fantastic Fiber One muffin mix, they are going to taste like HEAVEN!!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the 25 min run!!!!!

See you Thursday!

E

soontobe said...

That is fantastic about the 25min run - congratulations!!!!

And are the Fiber One bars really that great?! I've been eating the South Beach Diet 100-cal Peanut Butter Bars (which are really tasty!) and am looking to try something else...

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Awesome, congrats on the run! You are making great progress!
Path to Health

blendergrl said...

WOW! I am on week one of the C25K and I am so glad I come across your blog. I read your previous posts throughout your C25K weeks and you ahve given me hope that I can do this too. I hope I have as much sucess with it as you have!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your run!! Way to go.

Manuela said...

Ooh, they sound yummy. I just tried the caramel ones not to long ago.

And didn't that first run feel great? I remember thinking I'd never be able to do it but with my music playing it was a blast!

Unknown said...

I am glad you joined the challenge that I am hosting because it gave me a chance to see your blog. Your pictures are truly motivational. I didn't see anything on your blog with your "history". When did you start? How are you doing it? How long has it taken you? Care to share?

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Congratulations on your FANTASTIC run! it must feel so great to have faced down those last 8 minutes!

I'm a Fiber One lover, too (oats & peanut butter)! The new flavors don't excite me much. Thank goodness. :)

Have a great week!

Natalie said...

yeah for you!!! great job! i am so impressed!