Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sounding the WOOT! Alarm

Yesterday I mentioned that I was going to the gym to figure out where I was in my C25K training that had so rudely been interrupted by that awful head cold/sinus infection that I had last week. My plan was to run for 10 minutes and then assess where I stood: should I continue attempting the 25 minute run which is the opening of week 7 or should I revert back to the intervals from week 6, which is run for 10, walk for 3? Well, I felt good at the end of 10 minutes so I kept going. I slowed down once (still running, not walking) at the end of 15 minutes, but I sped back up and kept going for a full 25 minute run. WOOT! I have to say, it felt damn good to be running again, plus to be able to run and not walk. In those 25 minutes, I ran about 1.9 miles, which is okay time. I'm not really concerned about my time just yet. I'd rather be concerned about getting through two more 25 minute runs, and then a week of 28 minute runs before I head off to Spain in a few weeks. I'm so psyched!

5 comments:

...to Lose 55 Pounds said...

Good for you! It's nice that your endurance didn't suffer from being under the weather. Keep it up!

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Congrats on the run, the inches lost, and the good find on the suit and shoes. I know you'll knock 'em dead when you give your presentation. :-D
Path to Health

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

FANTASTIC!! (I'm not surprised, though, you're a determined sort of gal. :))

ptg said...

That is awesome about the runs - great job!!! I know you can do it!

Anonymous said...

What great news! It is awesome that you felt good after not running for a week. That's a very good sign. You are going to be fabulous in Spain too, girl. I can't wait to hear all about it.