Saturday, June 14, 2008

Weekly Weigh In: My Hips Don't Lie

Argh... I gained 1.2 pounds this week. Seriously, folks, I am getting so frustrated! I realize that much of my weight loss last week had to do with the fact that I was sick and wasn't really eating correctly, but still! So, I did something to calm myself down. I measured myself. This strategy obviously could have backfired, but it didn't. In the two weeks since I last measured myself, I lost an inch in my waist and and inch in my hips (along with some small movement in my arms and thighs). This means that my body IS gaining more muscle since I started weight training at the gym and that my body composition is changing along with it. It's really frustrating to not see the numbers on the scale move, but at the same time, the fact that my body is changing really helps me to relax and continue what I am doing. So, I'm racking this week up as a Non-Scale Victory, thanks to my inches lost.

It's been a while since I blogged about C25K. That's really because it's been a while since I ran. I didn't really work out last week while I was sick, and on Monday, I was still feeling a bit stuffy, but I tried to run. Well... it didn't work. I got through a 10 minute run, and then had to walk for a few minutes. I ran for another five before I just gave up because I felt like my breathing was all out of whack. But now, my sinuses are back to normal, and I'm ready to give another 25 minute run a chance. I'm all about having to go back to week six and do 10 minute intervals with three minutes of walking in between to get me ready for that 25 minute run, but I think I'm going to go to the gym with the 25 minute run in mind and reassess the situation when I hit that 10 minute mark. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

MargieAnne said...

Yay for the measuring tape.

Hazel said...

Measuring is such a savor sometimes. We have to see a number move somehow.