Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Airborne, Work Your Magic!

* Before I start, yes, I know all about the lawsuit against Airborne, but I continue to take it. Basically, it doesn't cure colds, but it does provide a nice boost to your immune system, which does help in fighting off a cold.

When my alarm went off this morning, I thought to myself, there is no way that I'm going to the gym right now. My head feels like it weighs 50 pounds. So, I slept for two more hours, and thanks to some heavy thunderstorms that passed through my area (and obviously are still passing through my area thanks to that thunder that just happened), I am running a little behind this morning. No biggie. I'm not going to sweat it, because my hair isn't going to look good in this weather anyhow!

Wow, thanks for all the responses to my food request. Keep them coming! I love trying out new recipes, and it looks like there are some good ideas out there. Last night, I decided to write down everything that I had for the day, and using my WW guidelines, see how many "points" I had eaten. I was religious about writing down my food and points until the end of March, when I felt that I had gotten too obsessed with it, so I stopped. Well, in writing down my food... I realized that I wasn't eating ENOUGH on basic WW points guidelines, let alone taking into account the exercise I had done for that day. Maybe that's part of my issue with losing weight over the past few weeks. I haven't been eating enough to match the higher intensity workouts that I've been doing. So, I'm trying to eat more, but healthier more.

Alright, I'm going to take my chances and jump in the shower. Let's keep our fingers crossed that the storms are gone!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I ran into that problem as well. I wasn't eating all my points and I was doing a lot of exercise. My body sort of went on strike and started hanging on to the weight.

You may also be gaining muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. That's one of the reasons why it's also a good idea to measure yourself. You may find that you are still losing inches.