Thursday, June 26, 2008

Weekly Weigh In: A Look Back

Hey guys! I'm doing my weigh-in early this week because I'm first travelling to my mom's house, where I will be spending the next month, and then leaving on Saturday for my big trip to Spain. It's getting pretty intense now. I got an email from the regional government's press secretary, asking us to be available for interviews....eek!! I'm so glad I bought that new suit and will be lookin' stylish!

So... drumroll please... I lost 3.2 pounds this week! I can't believe I am 2.4 pounds away from reaching my 50 pound goal!!!!! How awesome is that? I can't believe that it is a real possibility that when I come back from my month away, I could be in the 170s!!! I haven't seen those numbers since maybe sophomore year in college, which was when I really started gaining weight. That's my goal. I'd love to be 175 by the end of August, which is when I will be going to another professional conference, although I'll be seeing all my friends and faculty from grad school, when I was in the 230s. A few people saw me when I was in the 190s back in March, but I can't wait to see my dissertation chair and his reaction when he sees me in the 170s. I haven't seen him since last April, when I was at my heaviest. I can't wait!!!!

Another thing I realized is that I've been blogging for the past six months! I can't believe this is something that not only did I stick with, but it's definitely benefited me positively. I've made some online friends that are so supportive of my weight loss and are going through the same thing as me... that's invaluable. And I'm so glad to involve my IRL friends and family in my weight loss journey. Since January,

1) I've had 9099 visitors to my site (actually this is inaccurate, because I added my counter later, but still!!)
2) I've lost 26 pounds :)
3) My BMI has dropped 5.4 points.
4) This is my 130th post.
5) I've gone from a size 18 to a size 14!
6) I've become an exercise lover and a gym buff.
7) I made it through my first plateau and am still on track.
8) I started the C25K, with dying through a sixty second run.... and am now running for a solid 25 minutes straight!
9) I lost 5.5 inches in my chest, 2.25 inches in my arms, 4.5 inches in my waist, 6 inches in my hips, and 3.5 inches in my thighs... woot!
10) I've actually stuck with this weight loss journey for six months straight. Six months of exercising and watching my diet. This is the first time I've ever done something like this and stuck with it. And I couldn't have done it without y'all. Thanks for being there for me.

Here's to another six months, and another 26 or so pounds :) See you when I get back from Spain!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and I have been doing this for about the same amount of time and have had similar results.

Doesn't it feel great to know you can do this? I love the feeling of accomplishment.

You will be in the 170's very soon.

Anonymous said...

You are doing amazing!!! I am so happy for you. I can't wait to hear about your trip to Spain. Definitely call me when you are stateside again.

Lauren

Anonymous said...

You are doing amazing! I'm just thrilled seeing your progress. You are definitely an inspiration to me, who is having a bit harder of a time.

Just one question...what is HYC?

ptg said...

That is so awesome that you are so close to your goal! WOOT WOOT indeed!

I can't believe it's already time for Spain...man, I hope you bring back a TON of pictures. It's going to be awesome!

And you can definitely make it to the 170s...that in and of itself is my final goal. I've lost 27lb since January (probably around 28lb after tomorrow's weigh-in) myself.

Can't wait to read about all your adventures upon your return! Have a fabulous time!

Brightcetera said...

I just found your blog and wanted to congratulate you on your achievement!

Anonymous said...

Woot Woot, you rock. Those are some impressive results and very inspirational

Unknown said...

That's awesome. I, unfortunately can't say I have had the same results but I haven't been as religious about the gym as you. You are doing absolutely amazing and such an inspiration :)

Hazel said...

Congrats on all you've accomplished! You are a great inspiration. Have a great time in Spain!

K @ Running Through Life said...

Congrats! What a great and big accomplishment! Keep it up!

S.S. said...

You are such an inspiration to me! I read your blog for encouragement. I hope I can become an exercise lover too. You rock!!