Saturday, September 20, 2008

Workout off the Cuff

Yesterday was a gorgeous day here. It was hard to sit in my office for most of the day while the sun was shining so brightly. I decided to skip my morning workout in favor of something later in the afternoon, since I had plans with friends for around 9PM. That would give me enough time to shower and eat and get to where I had to be going. Yeah, that never happened. Instead, E tempted me with a walk on the rail trail, which we haven't done in ages. When I first started working out last year, we used to go for walks all the time. Unfortunately, life gets in the way, and that tapered off. So, yay! Rail trail! We usually walk this loop which is about 3 miles long. Halfway back, with a half mile to go, we ran into D, another of our work and walking friends with her son. So... we decided to do another two miles with them, and our walk went from 3 to 5 miles. Woot! Plus we all had enough time to catch up and chat while we were walking.

Since I didn't do the Shred last night (those extra two miles put a cramp on my time schedule), I woke up this morning to get it done. Day 3 wasn't horrible, but it wasn't that much easier than Day 1. I was still sweating a river by the time I'm done (it's those stupid squats, I'm telling you), but I do have to say that the scale has gone down significantly since I've begun! Let me say that is the biggest motivator. I also have to say that challenging my body is another motivator not to put crap in it all the time, like I've been doing. Later today, E and I are going for a hike in town, so that will be fun and challenging all at the same time.

Foodwise, yesterday and today are both going great. I recently bought two things that I can't wait to use. The first is a Magic Bullet. I know how cheesy that sounds, but seriously, I was thinking about buying a a blender AND a food processor. I used to have one of these gadgets back in my married days and I left it behind. But a year later, I still miss it! I used to use it all the time! So, I had a coupon for Bed Bath and Beyond, and that's what I used it for. The second purchase is Hungry Girl's Cookbook. Last night I used BOTH of my purchases to make these yummy chicken fingers . I used my Magic Bullet to ground Fiber One cereal to be the coating for the chicken, and I used my handy dandy toaster oven to cook it in. The main thing I love about HG's cookbook is that most of the recipes are for ONE serving. Perfect for moi! I can't wait to try something new tomorrow :) How's YOUR weekend going?

5 comments:

Erin said...

kiki, i'm so proud of you for sticking with shred! sometimes i dont think you realize how amazing you are!

i love my magic bullet... and the HG book is great. You should try to onion rings, they are really good.

...to Lose 55 Pounds said...

I'm super jealous of you! I've watched the magic bullet infomercial so many times I can practically recite it! lol...

You need to try HGs recipe for onion rings using blended up fiber one. We put them on a piece of foil and grill them and they turn out really, really good.

We've also made mozzerella sticks using the fiber one. I'm not sure if I got that from HG or the WW website, but they were really good made on the grill, too.

Anonymous said...

OK, I' don't know what a "magic bullet" is, but it doesn't sound like a cooking implement.

RooBabs said...

What a great walk- I love when I can mix "catching up" with exercise. It's the best to be able to "kill two birds with one stone". Too bad all of my "old" friends that I don't keep in touch with aren't runners, then maybe I could make time to reconnect- haha.

Oh, and I've always wondered if the Magic Bullet was worth the money, so keep us posted on what else you use it for (and if it's a pain in the butt to clean and all that). = )

Anonymous said...

I echo the onion rings sentiment and kinda sorta covet the m agic bullet (and kinda sorta love how dirrty it sounds as well :) but Im a child that way)
must.break.kitchenaid.

glad you had a couple of *great* weekend days as those are the toughest up in herre.

have a good BUSY week.

Miz.