Friday, September 5, 2008

Weekly Weigh-In: Ragweed = Sleepy Kiki

Since Monday, I've been having a hard time getting out of bed. I was writing it up to me just being lazy, but then two of my friends started complaining about their allergies. Wait! I have allergies. Mean ones to boot. But I'm not stuffy at all. Instead, I realize that I've been existing in this drug hazed stupor. I take my allergy meds at night in order to sleep some of the drowsiness off, but I guess combined with my usual dose of melatonin (a natural supplement to help me fall asleep and stay asleep), it's making me super tired.

Which brings me to the last few days. Yesterday, I completely skipped my workout. Woke up at 9AM. I never wake up at 9AM on a weekday! 8AM if I'm feeling particularly lazy, but never 9. I had to go into the office because I had a lunch meeting, so I planned on going to the gym afterwards. Yup, never happened. Ended up coming home, throwing a blanket on my legs, finishing my fun book that I was reading, and taking an hour long nap. This morning, again, I woke up at 8. But instead of writing my workout off until later, I decided to get up and go for my run. How often do I need to remind myself that I hate running when the sun is up? I love my early morning/ 6:30-7AM runs. I like driving home around 8AM, not getting to my parking lot at 8AM to start my run. This one was another stinky one. I only ran for about 20 minutes. Then I quit and walked back to my car. I tried to make myself feel better by saying "Hey, you got out of bed this morning and went for a run instead of just hitting the snooze!" but I was still feeling awfully lazy. Damn Allegra.

I've also been feeling incredibly Inspector Gadget-y. When I go out for a run, I always check to make sure I have my tools: my pedometer (which I figured out how to switch it back to miles), my Ipod, my watch, my water bottle (which I leave in my car), my ball cap, and my super cool wrist keychain (although, I fully admit to stuffing my keys in my bra... hey, what's the use of wearing two of them if you can't use them as a pocket too?) Obviously, my focus when I run is on my watch. Then I check my pedometer. Then I need to switch a song on my Ipod to keep me going. I feel like saying "Go go Gadget Ipod!" I wish there was a way for me to reduce my gear, but at the same time, I don't want to spend any extra money on doing that right now :)

Oh, weight wise, I gained over the past two weeks... 2.2 pounds to be exact. Am I surprised? No. I've been eating crappy and drinking way too much. Holidays and conferences will do that to you. But am I back on the right track? I am. And I hope to see some results next week :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL- I am guilty of the bra thing too. I usually put my keys in there, and sometimes when by arm band is annpying me I stick my big ol' Zune Mp3 in there too! I guess there is one benefit to being "blessed" in that department...ok maybe 2 things! {wink}

ptg said...

Good for you on getting up and running.

I too am feeling super tired (see last post). I wish I could blame it on allergies - I have em, but I don't think that's it.

I'm just getting tired of thinking about weight loss all the time.

Oh well. And as for the go, go gadget - I also have an Ipod, my keys, my watch...LOL. Lots of stuff! I was going to switch to one of those cool Timex watches that can control your Ipod as well as track your time - but heck, those things are SUPER expensive and definitely not in the budget right now!

Chubby Chick said...

Hi, Kiki. It's nice to "meet" you! :)

I'm really glad you signed up for the Christmas Challenge. I'm looking forward to seeing how much weight we all lose by Christmas!

I see that you've already lost a tremendous amount of weight. You should be SO proud of yourself! You are definitely doing something right... and you look absolutely fabulous! The before and after pics are amazing!

So... now... I want details. hehe In a nutshell... how are you losing the weight? Any time I see people successfully losing... I am anxious to hear their strategies so I can incorporate them into my own efforts at weight loss.

Keep up the good work! :)