Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Biggest Loser Wednesday: Cry Me A River

Okay, is there something in the water in Australia that made Jay and Mark cry like little girls last night? My favorite part of the whole cryfest was when Mark called home and his wife said "Are you crying AGAIN?? You need to buck up!" Ha ha! I thought last night's episode down under was pretty cool. And as a political scientist, I cringed when Bob (who's sooooo cute) said "Australia's the second most overweight continent. You know what's the second? The US of A!" Um, Bob, the US is a country, not a continent. I was holding out for "North America!" (I've been to Canada, they're not skinny either!)

It really looks like this is turning out to be the Ali and Mark show. I was a bit disgusted at the whole "let me give you a piggy back ride" thing, as I don't think Mark would have ever done that for Ali. I don't know if I buy Mark's turning over a new leaf when it comes to his competitive side. I also have to admit that I don't think Mark is going to last another week. He's pretty much reached his goal, and it's going to be that much more difficult for him to lose another pound rather than just maintain. I also think that sending them back to the ranch by themselves is just a test to see how they can make it on their own until the finale. I seriously can't believe there are only two more shows left :( What am I going to do until this summer when they start another round of Biggest Loser??

On another note, this week hasn't been going too hot for me. I'm kind of running along side the bandwagon, trying to jump on, but not getting my balance so falling back off again (geez, I hope that image makes sense-- it's like trying to catch a train!) I have to say I went a little happy in the Ghirardelli chocolate store in San Francisco, which means I went a little happy eating chocolate at home over the past few days. I also went out to dinner with my friend J last night, and probably didn't make the best choices when it came to dinner. I also haven't moved my butt once this week. Jet-lag caught up with me big time on Monday night, not to mention I had some pain in my left calf from my miles long walk around San Fran with S on Saturday. The scale isn't telling me a bad story (yet!) so I think if I can get my butt in gear today, I'll be able to salvage the rest of the week. It kind of sucks, because I feel like the night of the living dead. I seriously could sleep all day, but unfortunately, I don't think my job would like that too much.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Seriously. Those boys need to stop with the water works. It's making me nauseous!

I also cringed when Bob called the US a continent. ACK!!!! I was wondering if anyone else would notice that! Thank goodness I'm not the only one!

I don't buy that Mark's turning over a new leaf. Not one bit. But like you said, I think he may be at the end of his rope as far as weight loss goes. And I don't think he'll make it another week. Hopefully anyway. I'm rooting for the girls.