Tuesday, April 15, 2008

C25K: Week One Day Two

Last night I had the great idea of waking up early and doing day two of my C25K intervals. I teach until 5:30, so it's hard for me to get out of a full day of work and classes and then have the energy to do my intervals. My alarm went off at 6:45, and I was off to the track by 7:15. It didn't seem that cold when I work up, so I put on a t-shirt and a fleece. Well, thank goodness I had my fleece on because when I got out of my car at the track, my hands automatically started getting cold and stiff. I thought about using the inside track, but there was a team practicing there. So... outside it was.

I have to admit that I have asthma. It's not every prominent, but it does get aggrevated when the weather is too cold. When I started warming up, that was the thing that was most on my mind, the fact that I left my inhaler at home. And then, my intervals started. The first few intervals weren't bad, but then about midway, my side started hurting, my nose started running (another thing that happens to me in the cold), and my sunglasses started fogging up from the cold and my persperation. I only ended one interval early, and that's because I had pain in my side. But the rest of the time, I pushed through.

So, my last Week One interval is on Thursday morning. There are a few things that I want to be able to do. First, I want to push through ALL my intervals and complete all 60 seconds of them. Second, I want to keep my pace up during my recovery periods. I noticed today that I was slowing down a whole lot due to the weather, and I need to keep a certain pace to be able to ease back into my runs. Finally, I want to run clean. When my podcast friend says that I should be feeling the effects of my run but not be tired or out of breath, I want that to be true. Wish me luck!

No comments: