Tuesday, August 26, 2008

When I Grow Up

I want to be a runner. I'm not there yet. I think I might be getting close :) I went for a run this morning, and was really consciencious about paying attention to the time (still haven't picked up a cheapo running watch at Walmart, even though I was there on Sunday). I ran for 25 minutes today... WOOT! There was a 30 second lull around minute 17 where I was running uphill and about half way up, I decided to walk it instead of run the rest of it. I'm glad I did it because I was able to last for the next 8 or so minutes with no problems. Week 7 Day 1: Complete. And thanks to those of you who pushed me to take my running outside. This morning was gorgeous with a nice breeze in the air. It definitely helps me feel strong and powerful, and not worried about falling off the back of a treadmill.

So... I won't be posting for the rest of the week. I'll actually be in Boston at a work conference. To me, there are two staples of any good conference: Subway lunches (cheap and nutritionally okay) and decadent dinners. I'm sorry, but when I go to a *real* city, I like to indulge myself with some great food. My attitude on weight loss and living a healthy lifestyle is that once in a while, you have to indulge! How can you keep going if you cut everything great out of your diet? Speaking of, Bob and Jillian seem to agree with me in this article. Treats are necessary to keep on keeping on. Now if I was eating rich dinners every night... not good. But once in a great while? Why not? So, no weekly weigh-in on Friday. . . we'll get back to that next Friday. Have a great week.

13 comments:

Felicia said...

Congrats on your run! You did GREAT!! I think you are already a runner as you are running right? LOL

Hope you have a wonderful day!
*huggles*
=0)

...to Lose 55 Pounds said...

I hope my 25-minute run tonight is as successul as yours! =)

Have fun at your conference and eat lots of yummy stuff. I like to think that calories on vacations (and conferences) don't count. ; ) lol...but maybe that's what got me 80 pounds overweight to begin with!

Anonymous said...

Like Felicia said, you are a runner! I'm a walker because I've just started but I can already see that I will be a runner someday.

Have a great week and enjoy your time in the city.

ptg said...

AWESOME job on the run - I so much prefer being outside...unless it's hot and sticky out. Then stick me inside on a track. (Not a treadmill, because I hate those.)

Now you're leaving AGAIN!? Seriously girl. ;o)

Have a great time in Beantown!!

Chrissie said...

Sounds like the running is going great. Have fun in Boston and enjoy your self. Have something yummy to eat.

briy said...

Ooooh, Boston. I'm so jealous!

Yay 25 minute run! And yay outside running... The weather's been amazingly nice lately, and I've been taking advantage of it. I used to like the treadmill, because then I knew my pace and it was uniform, but now I just don't enjoy it at all. I need scenery and breeze.

Have fun on your conference, and enjoy your delicious meals. You're right, life has to include some treats. :)

take care!
bc

K @ Running Through Life said...

Congrats on the run! That is a great accomplishment. And, you ARE A RUNNER! Yep! You are.

Anonymous said...

have a great trip and as you pointed out LIVE AND ENJOY! (and take that risk)

Chellie has Issues said...

Hey I never thought I'd run either. I'm now training for my 1st 1/2 marathon. You're doing great!

FluffyDonna said...

Woot! Great job! I remember I met you online because we were both doing the 5K. But I'm a lazy bum and quit after week 6. I'm proud of you!

Have fun in Boston! I'd love to go there someday, even if just for work.

RooBabs said...

What?! You are totally a runner! You are there- don't doubt it. I want to send you my other "I am a Runner" bracelet to prove it. Email me with your address if you want me to send it to you (banana13xo at yahoo dot com).

Aaaah, Bob and Jillian. I was just reading Bob's book "Are You Ready!" last night. It is so good. He is not only a great trainer, but a great therapist, too (even if he's not licensed)- oh, and nice to look at, too. LOL.

Have fun in Boston!!

Diana Swallow said...

It sounds like you're already a runner, I'm a walker who stumbles into running once in a while but I want to be a runner too some day :-)

Anna Belle said...

Glad you are running. Have a save trip but do try to make some good choices with food.