Friday, August 22, 2008

Weekly Weigh In: Ladybugs

Growing up, when I would find a ladybug crawling on me, my mom would tell me that was good luck. Well, that was until I moved to West Virginia, a state that is overrun with ladybugs and actually, an allergy practice in town focuses on ladybug allergies (as in you're allergic to them, not vice versa!). I haven't seen any of them since I moved into this new place last year, so yesterday, when I came home from the gym and saw one sitting on the top of my doorway, I had to smile. I had some good luck this week, in all aspects of my life. Thank you little ladybug :)

I lost 1.4 pounds this week. I'm a little less than a pound away from my pre-Spain/summer weight. I'm really happy about that. I've been working hard at the gym and watching what I eat, and it's paying off. Today was one of my weight training days, and I seriously spend 45 minutes going around the gym, using the machines and free weights. I sometimes think that people look at me like I'm a mad woman, sweat dripping, holes in her t-shirt (it's one of my favorite t-shirts and for pete's sake, I'm at the gym!!), lifting weights like her life depended on it. If they only knew.

Tomorrow is my last C25K Week Six run. It's a 25 minute run. It's supposed to be really hot outside tomorrow, but I'm hoping to get up early enough to do my run outside. I'm really starting to hate running on the treadmill. Yesterday's run wasn't so bad. It was two intervals of running for 10 minutes and walking for 3. I've finally started inching my speed up as well. We'll have to see what happens. Saturdays are my only days to sleep in, and I definitely don't want to miss that opportunity :)

3 comments:

Chrissie said...

I use to always think of ladybugs as good luck as well. Looks like that lady bug is working for ya. Good job on the weight loss. That is amazing. Keep up the good work.

RooBabs said...

Congrats on the loss- you are doing awesome!

I've always thought ladybugs were so pretty and delicate, and when I was a little girl, I felt kind of lucky to see one.

Enjoy your run tomorrow. If you get up early and get it done, you can always come home and crawl back into bed (or take a nap later in the afternoon). Or maybe it will give you energy all day long, and you won't even miss sleeping in. ; )

...to Lose 55 Pounds said...

Ladybugs are the only bugs I don't dislike!

Congrats on the loss! That's what I'd like to see at my WI tomorrow, but it's unlikely. Yay for you though! =)

I'm set to do W6 D2 this Sunday and my 25-minute run will be Tuesday. Say a prayer for me! ; ) Good luck on yours.