Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Starting Over Yet Again Redux

"The triumph can't be had without the struggle." This is a quote from Olympian Wilma Rudolph, which I picked up in one of my many Sparkpeople emails that I receive every day. However, this quote really hit home with me today, as I stepped on the scale to find a number that I wasn't really expecting. At this point, it would be really easy to just give up. I've already been off with my eating and non-existent exercise. Yesterday, I wore a shirt that earlier this summer was really flattering... yesterday, I looked like a sausage in it. I went to do my usual Tuesday trivia with some friends at a local bar. All summer, I usually ordered a Killians and sipped it all night. I'm not a beer drinker at all, and one beer lasts me about two hours. However, last night, I threw caution to the wind and ordered a Malibu and Coke. And then another. And then another. I figure that by ordering regular Coke with it instead of diet Coke, I probably wasted around 500 calories. Not only that, but all that caffiene between 8 and 11PM threw my sleep schedule off and I woke up this morning with a headache. Classic. I've definitely learned my lesson.

So, this morning, I decided to really commit. I pulled up my SP page and planned my meals for today. I had been doing that throughout June and it worked. I skipped the gym this morning because I'm feeling a little sore after yesterday's workout, and plus E and I are going to walk the RailTrail later as long as the weather holds up. I even checked with the next season of the Biggest Loser is starting (Sept. 16!!!) because that show really inspires me.

And if that isn't proof enough that I'm raring to go, how about my horoscope for today: If you've been waiting for the right time to get started on that big project, go for it now! You're feeling pretty restless in some ways, so a new distraction might actually be perfect for you. That's all the motivation I need :)

3 comments:

ptg said...

Sounds like you have a plan - and that's the important thing! I've been giving in to my own cravings as of late (I believe it's TOM coming along to rear it's ugly head) which I need to *stop*.

Good going on the plan - what's your exercise plan for the week?

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

You're on your way! I'm cheering for you!

K @ Running Through Life said...

Good for you! I too enjoy checking in on SP!