Okay, not some real motivation (although it always helps), but some motivational songs. What do YOU have on your Ipod? One of my friends emailed me last week and asked me for some songs that I have on my Ipod that keep me moving along and the reasons why I love them. Here's five from me:
1) Ex-Girlfriend by No Doubt: Do we even need to explain why I love this song? And imagining Gwen Stefani's rock hard abs while I work out makes me push it just a little bit more.
2) You Can Do It by Ice Cube: I adored this song when it came out in the late 1990s, and of course, I love the movie Save the Last Dance which featured this song. It also has one of the best lines that keeps me going: "Life ain't a track meet, it's a marathon." Sure, Ice Cube didn't come up with that himself, but there are some songs with lines that I wait for.
3) Stronger by Kanye West: Another song with a great beat and lines that I love. "That that don't kill me can only make me stronger." This is a great running song. I usually set my Ipod to play it for my last 5 minutes to get me through that feeling of quitting before I finish my run.
4) Four Minutes by Madonna and Justin Timberlake: We all know that I want abs like Madonna's, and maybe a boyfriend who can dance like Justin Timberlake. But this song is so... I don't know, militant? Hectic?... that it gets me moving. We only have four minutes to save the world. I better get my butt in gear!
5) Canned Heat by Jamiroquai: No, I didn't fall in love with this song thanks to Napoleon Dynamite. Actually, it was the movie Center Stage, also known as the 2000's version of Fame. I love dance movies (see number 2 above), and the ballet they do to this song is awesome! It just makes me move and keep going.
Don't think I only listen to pop... I have some Hole, Van Halen, and ACDC on my Ipod as well. But these are the songs that right now I love the most. So... what are your top two, three, or five motivating songs? What gets your butt in gear and keeps it going?