Friday, February 1, 2008

Groundhog Day


Tomorrow is Groundhog Day, also know as the day that this angry looking fellow is pulled out of the ground by some crazy Pennsylvanias wearing top hats. (I'd be angry too if someone woke me from my winter slumber!)
Puxatauney Phil is furry and fat... fat he stored up to keep him warm for the winter. I get his line of thinking. Every morning I wake up and want to stay snuggled in my warm toasty bed. Every day I pull on heavy sweaters and bulky boots in order to go outside. This weather is not much of a motivator when it comes to weight loss. It's easy to think that since it's winter, we should be sitting on our sofas watching TV and drinking hot chocolate instead of getting up and working out.
The thing that keeps me going is knowing that my spring/summer wardrobe is going to be big on me. I can imagine wearing my capris or t-shirts at the moment, but the next few months are going to fly by. And if we can do something about it now, why not? Sure, it's next to impossible to go for walks and the like, but pop in a video or turn on the radio and dance like a fool for fifteen minutes. And by April, we won't be looking like our furry friend Phil :)

No comments: