Friday, February 22, 2008

Points Panic!

I'm on the cusp of moving down in my points allotment, which signals two things: 1) I've lost 20 pounds since my last move in the points scale (!!) and 2) I need to start eating less. I have to say that one of my main concerns in dieting is to not starve myself. I want to be satisified when I eat. However (and as I like to put it "my main fat girl panic") is not having enough food, not eating enough, blah blah blah. For instance, I would say that my refridgerator has been pretty sparsely filled lately, mainly containing veggies, cheese, milk, condiments, and fruits. It kind of freaks me out that it isn't stuffed to the gills with crap, even though it IS pretty full with healthy stuff. It's all in my mind.

Well, back to my points issue... instead of panicking and worrying about "starvation", I'm looking at it as another challenge, another evolution in my weight loss journey. It's taken me a while to get used to the options I provide myself in this point allotment. And it's going to take me a bit to figure out what to eat as I move down and through this one as well. I'll use it as an opportunity to browse through some of the many WW/weight loss blogs with recipes and try some new things. It should be seen as a new adventure, not deprivation.

So... if you have any favorite healthy or WW themed blogs, please post them in the comments! I'd love to hear from you. I've already discovered http://hungry-girl.com/ and Roni's Weight Watchen blog (http://weightwatchen.com/index.htm). Any others that I should be looking at?

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Have you checked out 3 fat chicks on a diet (3fachicks.com)? They seem to have support for all different diet plans, and all their recipes have points values with them. I've also used sparkpeople in the past, and while it doesn't have WW support, it is free and has great food logs