Wednesday, February 6, 2008

S-W-E-A-T: It's not a dirty word

Some inspiration for the day (from icanhascheezburger.com):



Lately, I've been trying to up my cardio. First off, I don't want to end up on another plateau because I wasn't pushing myself hard enough. Second, damn... cardio just feels GOOD. After a long day at work, it's great to come home and just sweat it out, not worry about students or colleagues or any other drama... it's just me, my body, and the beat. Who ever thought they'd hear this fat girl say that?

One thing I've been noticing is that I like sweating. This evening, I did 20 minutes of Biggest Loser High Intensity Cardio, and then 30 minutes of Jillian Michaels' kickboxing. At first, I almost quit. I thought there was no way I could get through Jillian's workout. But you know what? I kept going. And as I kept going, I started to feel the sweat just come out of my pores. I imagined fat just oozing out of my body as I continued to punch and kick and jump my way through the workout. At the end, as I savored a cool bottle of water, I felt great. I used to tell myself that at this weight, I would never be able to do the things that I did in high school when I was an active dancer, when I used to weigh fifty pounds less than I do now. But you know what?

I did. And I'm going to do it again tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cardio is definitely one of the best feelings EVER. I am so glad you are truly enjoying it!

Lauren