Sunday, February 24, 2008

Before and After Pics... Take One

BEFORE, GRADUATION, APRIL 2007:
















AFTER, 30 POUNDS GONE, FEBRUARY 2008:























Okay I've come to the conclusion that I really suck when it comes to posting pics on blogger, and I need to work on it. But here are some before and after pics. The pictures above are from my PhD graduation. No, that's not a mummu I'm wearing (although it might as well have been!), but my academic robes. I consider the picture on the right to be my very own Kirstie Alley picture-- my papparazzi took it when I wasn't looking. That was seriously at my highest weight, which I estimate to be around 230. No, I never got on the scale at that point!! The second set of pics are from this afternoon, where I weigh 199. Can you believe how much weight I've lost in my face and my bust? I still have work to do in my middle and my hips, but I still have quite a ways to go. Isn't the difference amazing?

7 comments:

Robyn said...

you look awesome!

Hazel said...

You look great! 30 pounds is amazing. Congrats!

Your face is a lot slimmer and I can see it throughout your whole body. Keep up the hard work!

Anonymous said...

Looking foxy :)

Erin

hannah said...

Congratulations!! I love your blog!!! I found it on the H&F board on the Nest

We have stuff in common - I started WW at 229 - and have lost 31 pounds at my last weigh in on Tuesday - putting me at 198! Woot! So, I know what you mean about how big of a milestone it is to be under 200.

Congrats again!!!
hannah&ben <-nest name

Anonymous said...

You are such an inspiration! Great job girl.

Lauren

katd said...

I just found your blog on the nest and wanted to encourage you. What a fantastic job you're doing - you look great! :)

FAT BRIDESMAID said...

You look fantastic!