Saturday, March 22, 2008

Weekly Weigh-In: A Hike Sounds Like A Good Idea



Although I'm not completely following the WW program, I have been eating carefully this week. Lots of salads helped me get back on track. I lost 2.6 pounds this week!! I'm so excited. It is very possible that by the end of the month I'll get down to my goal of 195, since I'm at 195.8 lbs right now. My mom is visiting this weekend, but we're going easy on all the snacks and goodies. I leave for San Fran on Wednesday, and my goal is to have a salad for lunch every day and then take it easy at dinner. Enjoy my food, but take it easy. There is no reason to have so much food... when you're too full, you really don't enjoy yourself.

Yesterday, my mom and I decided to go for a drive to this state park near my house. The state park is on top of a mountain and at the top is a great lookout over the valley. So, I had just assumed that we would be able to drive to the top and walk to the lookout... no. The gates were closed. We had the option of walking the 3.2 miles to the top of the mountain, and then walking the 3.2 miles back down to the parking lot where we were going to leave the car. And we decided to go for it. We saw six deer on our hike, huge white-tail deer. They were gorgeous, but unfortunately, I couldn't take a picture fast enough (doesn't help that both my mom and I were going LOOK!! DEER!!!! Hunters we are not!). We finally got to the top and the lookout. It was gorgeous. But then we had to walk back 3.2 miles to the car. I am so sore today in my calfs. It's been about ten days since I've had a good workout, and now I know what I want to be doing come the spring.... hiking!


As a side note, I found this picture of myself on my cousin A's facebook page. That's me in the green sweater, getting ready to pig out. I'm convinced that I was bigger than my original estimate of 230 pounds in seeing this picture which was from Thanksgiving 2006... but look where I am now. And seeing pictures like this convinces me that I never want to be where I was back then. Take a look at this pic, and then page back up to the pic of me on top of a mountain. Hard to believe that eight months ago, I was that big!







1 comment:

Hazel said...

Congrats on the loss this week! It sounds to me like you were still making an effort and staying in focus.

I love seeing progress pictures! Especially because sometimes we don't feel like we've lost as much as we have. It's great to be able to look back and compare. I did the same thing yesterday actually. That's a great picture of you and your mom. Great job on hiking up there!