Saturday, March 1, 2008

Week Seven: If it's a loss, I'll take it!

Happy March everyone :) This morning, I woke up and did my morning ritual: guessing what the weather is like on the other side of my Venetian blinds (sidenote, I live in an apartment, don't mock the blinds that were here when I moved in!). It seemed kind of bright, and so I thought to myself, Yes! The sun has returned! But, alas, when I opened the blinds, huge white snowflakes greeted me, and there is about an inch on the ground. No spring yet. Darn.

Anyway, I'll be honest. I wasn't expecting any miracles out of this week's weigh in for a number of reasons. First, Aunt Flo will be coming to visit in a few days, and yes, I'm one of those women who bloat. Ain't life lovely. Another thing is that I'm in the middle of work hell month. Okay, well I guess I'm one week into work hell month, and things aren't going to get any easier as time moves towards the end of March. I'm not really struggling to eat right (it's pretty easy when there is no other option in your kitchen than making something quick, simple, and healthy), it's my exercise routine. I spent most of yesterday afternoon searching for one piece of data that I already had in my possession. I don't know about you, but I get really tired when I'm on the computer longer than necessary. I actually had to force myself to go put in 30 minutes of Bob and the Biggest Loser cardio workout. Something tells me it's only downhill from here. My mom is coming to visit me on the 20th, which means these papers (yes, there are two of them) need to be written by the end of the day, on top of all the grading I'm going to gather over the next few weeks (an exam and a paper for BOTH of my classes that I'm teaching). The answer to your question "what was she thinking when she got herself into this?" is "I was a bit delusional." There, I've admitted it :)

Knowing March is going to be a bit of a crazy month, being overworked until the 20th, visiting with my mom from the 20th to the 25th, and then going to a work conference in San Francisco from the 26th to the 30th, I've set a low bar for myself. I'd like to be down to 195 by the time I leave for San Francisco. That's 3.6 pounds away, and it will bring me to my 35 pound loss. I'll get tougher when I'm back in April, but for now, as long as I'm losing, I'll be happy. Losing how much really doesn't matter as long as the scale keeps showing me numbers that are smaller than the ones the week before.

So, the weigh in... I dropped .8lbs this week. Again, can't really complain, because it IS a loss. Actually, this is my fifth week in a row of a loss after that week where I lost nothing at the beginning of February. So yay me!! I also did something a bit different. I decided to measure myself once a month to see how much my body has changed. It's interesting, because this is the first time since high school that I've really stuck with a fitness routine, and probably the first time that I've lifted weights seriously. So...drumroll please... I've lost a total of TWELVE inches on my body. I measured my bust, arms, waist, hips, and thighs. The biggest areas of loss for me were my bust and waist, where as my arms and thighs only lost one inch each. I kind of wish that my arms and thighs were shaping up like the other parts of my body, because, to me, they are the most noticably biggest parts of me. I want to look good in a tankini (LOL) by the time I go up to Connecticut for my weekend at the lake at the end of July!!

1 comment:

Hazel said...

Congrats on the loss! It all adds up slowly over time. And wow, you are going to be busy the next few weeks! I've been lazy all afternoon and trying to avoid any studying. Now I feel a little too lazy.

Measuring is wonderful! It really makes you realize that other positive things are happening. 12 inches is amazing!