Monday, March 17, 2008

Do Calories Count More in Canada?

I gained... grr. Okay, not so much grr, as I expected this to happen, but at the same time, it's my first gain since I started WW back in January. While I was in Toronto with my family this weekend, I ate like there was not a thought on earth. Not to mention, when you're at someone else's house, especially for the occassion being what it was, you don't ASK for different food. You eat what was put in front of you. So, pasta, Italian cold cuts on huge rolls, and more pasta it was.... but I didn't really have to eat the chips, the pasteries, the cannoli, and all the other sweet and salty things that were put in front of me. But like I mentioned before, I am a stress induced eater. Eating made me feel like there wasn't a hole in my stomach every time I thought of why I was there with my family. How frustrating. What's worse is that my mom is coming to visit at the end of the week for Easter... and then I'm off to San Francisco for a conference. Instead of having the time to regroup and get myself back down to where I was before, I am being faced with two weeks of challenging eating schedules. Therefore, I'm not going to be really tough on myself until March 31, when I return from all my visiting and travelling. That is when I'm going to do the major crack down, and I can return to a regular exercise and eating schedule. I'm definitely not admitting defeat at this point. I just know how crazy my life is going to be over the next two weeks, and I'm not going to get down on myself to the point where I want to give up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your aunt. Remember that you are changing your life, not dieting. Sometimes life gets in the way of best intentions. Don't be discouraged!

Anonymous said...

And remember that San Fran isn't as big of a challenge since there will be lots of walking . . . .