Sunday, March 9, 2008

Cooking Creations: Homemade S'mores!


I'd like to blame R for introducing me to this very addictive recipe that truly tests your commitment to the idea of portion control. I was having guests over for dinner on Saturday, and I was freaking out a bit regarding dessert. So, R suggested that I try my hand at these WW friendly s'mores. At three points a piece, who could resist? Hence, the assembly line above for my dinner guests (and you thought they were all for me). My guests loved them, as they were a great treat on a snowy night. The down side is that if you have a toaster oven, you will be quickly tempted to make one as a treat on a Wednesday night. Again, I've come to the conclusion that I can't stock Marshmallow Fluff in my house. Geez, do I have ANY self control????
Homemade S'mores
1 low-fat honey graham cracker, broken in half
1 tablespoon of Marshmallow Fluff
1/2 tablespoon of semi-sweet chocolate chips
a dash of cinnamon
Spread the Fluff on one half of the graham cracker. Sprinkle some cinnamon on the Fluff. Place the chocolate chips on top of it. Put the other half of the graham cracker on top to make a sandwich. Wrap them in tin foil and bake them for 8 minutes on 450 degrees (if you are making just one in a toaster oven, adjust the time to 6 minutes). Let them stand for 3-5 minutes after you take them out of the oven. Most important: Warn your guests that they are hot, ooey, and gooey. And yes, they will be messy, but yummy!!!

No comments: