Friday, May 9, 2008

Weekly Weigh-In: SCORE!!!!!

I'm weighing in a bit early because I'm heading home to my mom's for the next week for a little R&R after finals. My mom doesn't have internet (I know, I know) so unless I can find my way to Panera over the next week, there will be limited updates.





That being said: I lost 1.2 pounds this week! Which also means I lost 20.8 pounds this semester!!!! I was concerned back in March that I wouldn't be able to meet my mini-goal of 20 pounds gone in one semester, but I pushed it out at the end here. I'm also posting my weight-loss chart (yes, I'm a stats dork, sue me). Every time I hear of someone getting frustrated with a gain, I keep reminding myself that weight loss is an overall trend... we don't lose every week. Instead, there are gains and losses. You can check mine out below.





Gymwise... I finished Week Three of C25K. I have to say the last day was the hardest one. It was like I didn't even want to be there, let alone run. But I pushed through it (almost literally at the end... I wanted to quit SOOOO bad). Next week, I'm going to street running at home, and trying to bump up to 5 minutes at a time. Wish me luck! E and I also tried out a new class at the gym last night, Power Pump. Basically, it was an all-over toning class, using weights, a weighted bar, ankle weights (more on those in a bit), and the balance ball. One of the girls in our class requested that we work our arms and abs more, so that's what we ended up doing... not to many squats or lunges, which was disappointing. But we know for next time to speak up and say what we want! So, the first half of class was arm work, which I love. I'm horribly self-conscious of my triceps aka my flab, so I really like to work that part. Today, I feel a bit sore in my shoulders and in the muscles that kind of outline my armpits on the front of my body (near my chest). But that's probably because I don't work those muscles too much.

So, date #2 was on Wednesday night and it went okay... I'm beginning to realize that dating as an adult is a lot different than dating in college or grad school. I seriously don't know ANYTHING about this guy, whereas with my other two serious boyfriends (one of whom I ended up marrying) I knew about them because I had classes with them. So, alot of this "adult" dating is really getting to know someone before you can pass a judgement on them. I thought we both had a good time, but... I don't really know him, and I guess that's what I'm hung up on.

I hope you all have a good weekend, and I promise to make my way to Panera sometime next week so I can catch up with all your blogs and update my own :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go you! I personally LOVE the chart :) Have a great time in PA. I wish I were going to be up in Philly for work, that would be perfect! I am leaving for Toronto next weekend for a conference, though.

Lauren

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Congratulations on crossing that 20 lb. mark! Quite an accomplisment, given the stress that end of semester brings.

Enjoy your trip! Be *very* careful in Panera. :)

Wee Little Me said...

Hi there! Welcome to HYC. Looks like we are on the same schedule for C25K and we are both in academia... cool. Happy to find your blog and I look forward to reading more.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the weight loss. Enjoy the time with your mom.

R.Shack said...

20.8 lbs. in a semester! That's awesome! You're such an inspiration!!

Manuela said...

I love doing body pump which sounds a lot like your class.

The chart is a great idea--you've gotta love that downward trend.

Enjoy the week with your mom and there is nothing wrong with limited internet access. I think we could all use a break from it at times!