Saturday, January 24, 2009

Weekly Weigh In: Not Going Anywhere

I can't believe that I hardly blogged this week. I've been really focused on work, especially since I have a conference coming up in two and a half weeks. That being said, I did awesome with my workouts this week. I took a day off on Tuesday, but other than that, I've been at the gym every day. I've had a little difficulty with my runs now that I bumped it up to two intervals of eight minutes running and five minutes walking. About half way through my second set yesterday, I got the worst side cramp and had to walk for about 30 seconds. Ugh. Don't you hate when that happens?

I didn't lose any weight this week, but I maintained. I'm happy with that, mainly because cooking has been such a pain in the butt. Mondays and Wednesdays are my late teaching nights, and I usually just have leftovers. But even on days that I have time to cook, I'm kind of in a rut. I put in a lot during the day that I'm kind of exhausted when I get home. I full admit to having a "grazing" dinner on Tuesday night, even though I had the time to cook something. However, I'm starting to turn a lot to soups and sandwiches as meals, just because they are easy and healthy. Do you ever get into a rut with your cooking? Or find yourself completely lacking motivation to face the stove? What do to you to move past that and yet still maintain your healthy lifestyle? I've also started weight training again, so I think that has contributed to the non-movement of my scale this week.

Hope you have a good weekend!

1 comment:

DaDivaStreet said...

Kudos for you getting in the exercise! No gain is a good thing. I'm having a problem getting motivated,both on exercise & cooking but I know I have to do maintain the healthy lifestyle. Wish I could help of BOTH! Hope the weekend was a good one!