I had a really stressful day at school today. Between advising and dealing with a problem student, I needed to get out of there. So, I came home, changed, and went for a run. Today's C25K interval was a 10 minute run, a 3 minute walk, and then another 10 minute run. Been there, done that! I was so proud of myself of pounding it out. I also noticed that I feel like a better runner when I go in the afternoon. Maybe I'm just not a morning person all around? I'm not awake enough to actually run in the morning? Maybe I just have a lot of aggression after work? Who knows?
Anyway, I've been tagged by RooBabs to tell y'all 6 random things about me. Hold on, let me get my water bottle before I start....okay, now I'm set!
1. I love tap dancing. I mentioned this before, but seriously, I looooooooooooooove it. I tapped from age 5 until age 17, and then quit when I was in college. I was involved in a competition group for five years, and it made me love it that much more. We danced a lot to swing and big band music, and once in a while, I'll bust out a little move in my kitchen, just to see if I still have it in me.
2. I wanted to be a screenwriter for as long as I can remember. Okay, that's a lie. I *still* want to be a screenwriter. My dream was to go to NYU film school, but my family didn't have much money, and my mom convinced me to do something more realistic, something that I could actually make a living off of (I'm not blaming her for any of my choices in live... my life is pretty darn good as a professor). Anywho, I took a creative writing class in college, and was slogging through with Bs, until it was time to write a small play. I thought this was my big test, to see if my prof thought that I could actually write something that I wanted to make a living off of. And I got an A+. And a note from my professor telling me that she thought it was one of the best student plays she read (and she's an Iowa MFA if that means anything to you). So, I still have that play... and I would like to turn it into something. Some day. After tenure.
3. I'm allergic to all pets. Never had one. Woe is me.
4. I didn't eat pistachios for over a decade. I used to love them, but I was at a family party when I was 10 and ate a WHOLE bunch of them. That night, I got violently ill, with an awful stomach flu. I blamed the pistachios. Only recently have I had some pistachio gelato and really enjoyed it. I guess I'm over my pistachio stomach flu blame.
5. I'm not a true girly girl (I wouldn't say that I'm a complete tomboy either... I fall somewhere in between there), but I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the color pink. Sorry. I denied it for years. Now I buy everything in pink. It's almost disgusting :)
6. I have an addiction to stationary. Seriously, when I'm in a city and there's a Papyrus or a Paper Source or a Crane's stationary store... I need to go in. I need to buy something. And yes, I still send letters to my friends. One of my best friends from college and I send each other weekly letters. It makes me feel very Jane Austen/Elizabeth Bennet. Love it!
I won't tag anyone, mainly because they've been tagged already, but if you want to join the fun, please do so!!!!