Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Maintainence Crew

It was a slow week... I didn't lose an ounce, but I didn't gain one either. For that I'm grateful. This week seems to have flown by in a cloud of work and stress. Although I have been dedicated to keeping my workout schedule, one thing I haven't been doing is eating my veggies. (I've been keeping a food diary, and therefore, it allows me to go back and look at what I did last week to lose weight, and what I didn't do this week to achieve the same results). This week, I've taken a salad as my work lunch each day. I thought this would be one way that I would definitely get my veggie intake up. However, at the end of the day, my dinner was virtually veggie free. Veggies are not just important for the vitamins and minerals they provide us, but also they help to fill us up. They're full of fiber, which help to regulate our bodies intake/outake valve. And, at the end of the day, if we're trying to learn how to eat better, it isn't about counting points and seeing where you can sneak in a hot chocolate or a couple glasses of wine. It's about eating better and feeling healthier. I'm not discouraged... I know where I went wrong this week. Let's see if I can remedy it in time for next week's weigh in :)

No comments: