Thursday, January 24, 2008

Cooking Creations: Chicken ala Artichoke

I was bored the other night, and decided to make something new, well, at least for me. And it turned out pretty good, so I thought I'd share.

Chicken ala Artichoke

I cut a boneless, skinless chicken breast into one-inch squares (it cooks a lot faster that way!). Then, I sauteed the chicken in a small skillet with one teaspoon of olive oil. After about five to six minutes of cooking, I placed the chicken in a bowl to keep warm. Please be sure that your chicken is cooked thoroughly!!!

I added another teaspoon of olive oil to the pan and sauteed one clove of garlic (smashed using my press). When the garlic was browned, I added three artichoke hearts, which I had quartered. I continued to saute the artichoke hearts in the oil for about two to three minutes, or until the edges were browned. When this happened, I added the chicken back to the pan to reheat, for about a minute.

This could taste good by itself. I served it mixed with some pasta. With the pasta, this came to eight WW points. Without, it's five points. Be sure to watch your servings. One serving of B-S chicken breast is three points, but it's about half a regular breast. Bon appetit!!

On a personal note, my aunts are doing much better. My aunt in Canada is making good progress, as of last night, much better than what she was doing over the weekend. My aunt with the knee replacement is recooperating, and is starting physical therapy today. Thanks for the prayers and thoughts!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great recipe - thanks!

Erin

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! I am SO proud of you for taking steps you feel you need to make your lifestyle more healthy. It takes a lot of courage to recognize action must be taken, and even more to follow through. I am here for you every step of the way!

Lauren