Friday, April 17, 2009

Weekly Weigh In: I'm Still a Rock Star

One of my favorite songs of the past year or so is Pink's "So What?" It reminds me that stuff happens, but at the same time, we continue to be the awesome person that is way down deep inside all of us. My first So What? of the week is that I gained 0.4 pounds this week. Where did it come from? Well, I went home to see my family for the first time since Christmas break. I ate everything that my family put in front of me, within reason, of course. A few people at Easter dinner noticed that I didn't take a ton of food the first time around the buffet spread and that I didn't go back for seconds. At dessert time, my cousin and I split some of our desserts. My second So What? is that lent was FINALLY over and I did indulge in some Cadbury mini eggs and Dove truffle eggs. My tummy is still recovering from the reintroduction of that kind of dairy in my diet, but at the same time, I was so hungry for it. So, that half pound? So what? It'll be gone next week, and I have some great memories with my family.

The last So What? I want to share with you is something that I read in Us Weekly (I know, it's my thing, leave it alone). It was about celebrities with cellulite and how they're putting it out there and saying So What that I have cellulite? I love it! Kim Kardashian, Sophia Bush, Kate Winslet, even Reese Witherspoon! How awesome is that? As someone who has cellulite as well, I'm glad that celebs are coming forward and saying that pretty much everyone has cellulite. It's true. Get over it.

I went for a run yesterday afternoon (2 miles) and am going for another one today and tomorrow. Gotta enjoy the sun while it's here! Hope you have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Angie Eats Peace said...

Yup, you are still a Rock Star! Love that song!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

LOL I have that song on my shuffle and I love it!

I'm so glad you truly enjoyed your Easter celebrations. We're not guaranteed the next one, so I believe it's truly important to celebrate the ones we have!

carla said...

LOVE the march picture!!

how had I not seen that before?

Miz.

Hazel said...

I agree - you are a rock star! I love that song too.

KK @ Running Through Life said...

Love your attitude!!! And you are so right! So what!

Anastasia Beaverhausen said...

I am just so happy to find another academic that reads trash! I feel like I get looked down on when I talk about some of the TV I watch or the non-school books I read. :)