Monday, April 20, 2009

Change of Plans

This weekend ended up a little differently than I had planned. Originally, I thought that I would squeeze in another run on Friday and Saturday, but that didn't happen. On Friday, I went for a six mile hike with some friends on the rail trail in town. It was a gorgeous afternoon, and being Friday, it was nice to be able to vent to each other about our lives. Saturday found me at the local arboretum for a 75 minute hike. It was a lot warmer than I expected, but wandering through the arboretum and then down to the rail trail made me a happy camper. My blisters told me to take Sunday off, but I was back to running... in the rain, no less!... this evening. I was challenged by a Facebook friend (who just happens to be my best friend from Pre-K, that's going way back) to run a 5K with her over Memorial Day weekend. I'm in it, maybe not to win it, but to complete it would be a win in itself!

2 comments:

ptg said...

GREAT attitude - you rock!

MargieAnne said...

That sounds like a great way to spend a weekend.

Look after those blisters .... real nasty things.

Blessings