Friday, March 13, 2009

Weekly Weigh In: Woke Up This Morning

Good news! I lost 1.8 pounds this week! That is my largest loss since the beginning of the year! Woo!

I had a kind of Sopranos morning. If you're not a Sopranos fan, sorry for this post, but it's so true. I kind of moped around my apartment for a while, not really feeling motivated to hit the gym. I was tired because I went to bed after midnight last night after a long, but fun, phone conversation. My gym buddy wasn't meeting me at the gym. I could have had a Tony Soprano morning, and sit around my house in my bathrobe (no wife beater tyvm) drinking coffee. But one of my friends who I was chatting with via email pushed me to go to the gym. So, I went. I figured that since the rec is going to be closed over the weekend, I might as well hit it up now.

Got to the rec and picked out a treadmill. I really wasn't feeling the whole running thing today, but still, it was Friday, and so that's what my schedule told me to do. While I was warming up on the treadmill, I noticed a few objects in the pond. They were ducks! It has to be spring if the ducks are out on the pond, fighting over the females! Does this mean that we'll be able to observe some ducklings out in the rec pond in a few months? I'm so excited about this.

So, I start running. I've been doing a lot of thinking on the treadmill lately, and I've come to realize that I'm still scared of it. I ran for ten minutes at 5MPH and a 1% incline before I took a three minute walking break. My right shin/calf was killing me, and I couldn't figure out what it was. So, I took off the incline and decide to run like that. I ran for 15 more minutes, first at 5MPH, then at 5.2, and the last five minutes at 5.5. The last five minutes felt great. I think I need to start stepping up my speed. I actually think I'm running too slow, and that's what tiring me out. Sheesh. Why didn't I realize this before?

7 comments:

SeaShore said...

Well done on your 1.8 loss!

ptg said...

The weigh-in is AWESOME. I *gained* this week which is annoying as hell. And I gained a lot.

Anyway, it's not about me, it's about you and your awesomeness. :o)

Great job on the treadmill - the incline is probably making your shins hurt, if anything I would add the incline for a few minutes and then take it off for the same time to help you build up the strength in there.

Hazel said...

Yay for a loss this week!

I had to laugh because I actually saw birds floating around in my apartments pool about a month ago. Gross!

I notice when I run that if I run too slow then I get tired faster. But there is definitely a point for me where the speed is too fast and tires me out as well.

Dr Wednesday said...

Super great loss- and yay for finding a way to use the treadmill!

Angie Eats Peace said...

WOW! That is awesome, Congrats!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Congrats on the weigh-in and for gutting out the exercise!

(Pssst! My feedburner thingie isn't working, but I wanted to let you know I'm having a cookbook giveaway. Yes, ME!) TippyToeDiet

Anonymous said...

Yay on the loss! And good for you for going to the gym. :-)