Thursday, December 4, 2008

I finally figured it out!!

I'm feeling a wee bit better today. My nose has somewhat cleared up (not running, just congested) and I have a bit of a dry annoying cough (do I sound like a cold medicine commercial or what?), but that's better than how I felt yesterday. However, I'm really disappointed that I didn't go to the gym at all this week (except for spinning on Sunday afternoon) and that I won't be able to run my 5K on Sunday. I kind of wish there was a Turkey Trot for Christmas... so I started googling. My hometown sponsers a First Night celebration and a part of it... wait for it... is a 5K!!!! I can't imagine a better way to 1) blow out a successful 2008 and 2) make sure I don't completely pig out over the holidays. Even better is the fact that I just registered for it. I checked out the course, and it's something that I can completely do. I think I'm going to concentrate on some hill running as soon as I'm completely over my cold because the middle section is a bit of hill running. But I'm so excited about this!!!

excuse me while i go back to my regularly scheduled coughing and nose blowing....

5 comments:

Angie Eats Peace said...

Woohoo! That's awesome. Good luck!

carla said...

FUN!

I need someone living closer to me to say LETS DO THIS 5K together.

sad but true. havent run one yet...perhaps I need to get my husband to wanna run? with me and throw our daughter in a stroller?

wait. this wasnt about me.

GO KIKI :)

Chrissie said...

Glad to hear you are a little better. I think the 5K is a great motivation to deal with the holidays.

Cammy said...

You'll definitely be on track for the holidays, with this schedule! Way to go!

Hope you're feeling better!

RooBabs said...

Congrats on finding a new 5k to work towards! That sounds like fun. There's a 5k around here on New Year's Eve that starts at 11:30 p.m. and everyone who finishes before midnight gets a plaque (it's called Beat the New Year). I'm considering it, but the route is a lot of hills, so I don't know if I would make the time deadline- especially since it's way past my bedtime, LOL.