Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Are You READY to RUMBLE???

The highlight of my day will obviously be the Biggest Loser finale tonight. I am keeping my fingers crossed for Michelle, who is my one and only choice to win. At least last season, I was pulling for Ali and Kelly (both of their before and after pictures are on my fridge!), but this season, it HAS to be Michelle. I can't wait to give you all a rundown tomorrow!

This week has been kind of tough for me, exercise wise. Sunday, I went to spinning for the first time since the beginning of the month. Holy cow! I felt so out of shape it was unbelievable. I made it through class, but my legs felt so heavy while I was spinning. I felt that there was no ease or lightness to my spinning. It felt like work, not something that I enjoyed. Yesterday, I did a HIIT (high intensity interval training) session on the elliptical, where I went full out for 30 seconds and then had a recovery period of 90 seconds. I did a five minute warmup, a 20 minute HIIT session, and then cooled down for another five. It felt great. However, my abs and shoulders are super sore. I think my shoulder is more of a factor from my mattress. Brand new mattress... but I turned it from top to bottom for the first time. So, my little nook is now at my feet, which makes me sad. I also can't find my spot just yet. Grr. I think on this snowy day, I'll be working from home, and working OUT from home. I'll dig some of my favorite videos out and have some fun for 60 minutes. Now, which ones should I choose....

Speaking of choosing, I've decided to do some shoe shopping while I'm home. For you runners out there: Do you buy one pair of sneaks for running and then another for gym workouts? I was thinking that if I do this, my running shoes will last longer, and therefore, I won't have to shell out money for good running shoes more often than not.

6 comments:

K @ Running Through Life said...

You look great! LOVE the pink top! And congrats on another pound gone!

I can't wait for the BL finale tonight! Go Michelle. Vicky better not win or I will protest.

As for my shoes, I wear the same pair for running and working out. Reason being that I wear inserts in my shoes and buying multiple pairs of inserts and making sure everything is broken in during race season is a pain. I will say that I do go through a couple of pairs of running shoes a year due to all of the miles I put on them and the workouts.

carla said...

speaking of DO AS I SAY NOT AS I DO :)

Ive heard that is the thing to do with shoes.
it isnt what I do.

Devon said...

I use the same pair. Most of the time at the gym, I'm just lifting. Sometimes I'll drag out my old Nikes for the Elliptical or Bike when I crosstrain.

Chrissie said...

I am crossing my fingers for Michelle tonight too.

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Ooh, this is a dilemma. Do I watch TBL or work some more on my painting project? Hmmm..

Thanks to your excitement over your spinning class, I went looking and found one within a few miles of my house. They're on hiatus until after Christmas, but I'm going to try a few classes out in January. They're only $5, so I really can't go wrong.

I don't know if it matters, but my podiatrist advised me to wear one pair of sneaks for running/walking and another for indoors. I chose a pair of Brooks for indoor workouts, because they have a wider "flange" on the bottom, which helps with balance.

Enjoy your snow day!

RooBabs said...

Don't feel bad about easing back into spinning after being sick. It takes time to build back up.

About the shoes, I wear my running shoes only for running. Part of that is because I have my Nike+ sensor attached to them, and I've heard that the battery will wear down faster if you wear them when you're not running ("even just to carry groceries from the car" was the example given). So I try to take them off as soon as I'm done. I wear my "old" running shoes for my elliptical and strength training.

Before I had my Nike+ I wore the same shoes for whatever workout. But that's because my running shoes were cheapo Nikes from Shopko. Now that I have more expensive running shoes from a running store, I want them to last as long as possible, so even if I didn't have the Nike+ battery issue to worry about, I would probably wear different shoes for non-running workouts.

That my $0.02 (more like $100.02). = )