Yesterday, while I was working on my paper (the draft is complete! just need to work in the tables, bibliography, and some citations), I had a thought. I was mindlessly eating my way through a bag of pita chips when I realized that I have this cycle: work hard during the week, go to the gym, eat right... and on the weekend, forget about it. Grr. So I wrote down five things that I think will help me:
1) I will not allow myself to throw away all my hard work on the weekend. I get one "cheat" day a week... that's it.
2) I will hit the gym five or six days a week (at least one of those days on the weekend).
3) When I go out, I will dress up. Dressing up helps me feel better about myself. A sweater and jeans just makes me feel sloppy and not in control of my weight.
4) I will focus on eating right and not snacking (read: eating another meal) before bed.
5) I will focus on being the best me and the rest will come.
As we move into the sixth week of the year, is there anything that you need to remind yourself of? Anything you notice that isn't working and that you need to change to see some success?