Sunday, February 22, 2009

My Vision Board



Ever since MizFit has been talking about her vision board, I've been contemplating putting one together. I started saving clippings of things that I find motivating, whether it's pictures (the running chick, the gorgeous brunette in the stunning pink dress), quotes (my favorite Sex and the City quote and another one from Eat Pray Love, a book that has made a huge impact on my life), as well as random things (I heart hydrangeas and orchids). I finally took some ME time to put it together yesterday, and I'm so happy with it. Another thing that I've adopted from The Secret is the Law of Attraction: the idea that putting out positive energy into the world will help you to achieve what you want. It's so easy to get lost in the negativity that we're all guilty of. One thing that I did when I went through my divorce was to get rid of a lot of negativity, especially since the X was a very negative person. I can't believe how many people have commented on what a different person I am since I started doing that. However, I think I've gotten a bit lazy on that front. 18 months ago, it was all good, but I've found more negativity creeping into my life. Time to start using that scalpel to cut all that bad stuff out!

What do you do/ what tools do you use to keep yourself motivated?

5 comments:

jimpurdy1943@yahoo.com said...

I just don't dwell on the past. If yesterday was a bad day, it doesn't mean that today has to be bad. We all get a brand new day every day, and we can make anything we want of it.

Angie Eats Peace said...

Good for you! I could use some of that positivity.

Kelly said...

Love your vision board! This is on my "to do: someday" list. I like the quotes and clips you used.

ptg said...

Great idea...I definitely don't have a vision board, but think it would be an awesome idea. :o)

carla said...

I LOVE IT!!!!
It is kind of...cheesy? sappy? trite? (the idea I mean. not your board :)) but it really works for me.