Monday, January 10, 2011

My Biggest Fear

I'm sitting here watching last week's episode of the Biggest Loser... and certain woman (who's name I don't remember, I know, awful) moved me to tears with her story. She's had multiple miscarriages due to her weight. While I have never been pregnant and am currently not trying to get pregnant, I know how much of a factor weight is on a healthy pregnancy, and at three months out from my 31st birthday, I'd be lying if I didn't say that this was something on my mind. And this woman... she embodies everything I'm afraid of. *shudder*

The next step on my weight loss journey is that I joined Weight Watchers online today. All I can say is WTF? I've had success on the old school WW plan, so I thought I'd try this new plan out. I used the calculator around lunch time today and the calculations don't use calories anymore. Um, what? What do you mean points are based off of carbs, fat, fiber, and protein? Where are the calories?!? Why aren't they important? I have to admit that I was also a bit turned off by the fact that most of my fallback foods have higher point values now. Ugh. I was ready to call it quits by 6PM. But then I realized, crap, I just bought myself three months worth of this, I might as well ride it out. I also made a commitment to a friend who bought herself three months of the program as well to work along side with her.

Damn... commitment is hard... but worth it :)

No comments: